July 25, 2009

JUDO 柔道



Judo is one of my favorite sport that I started since I in form 1.
I still remember since i was standard 3 i was always begging my PA to let me learn, but then my PA always told me that I'm too young to learn it....
In Malaysia, Judo is not so active sport COS of many reason :
1. Is kind of dangerous
2. People scared of fall
3. hard to learn compare to Taekwondo
4.least people learn
.
.
etc



Compare with taekwondo/Karate, judo is a close up combat martial art.

As not much of people know what is JUDO...

here some explanation what is Judo.

"JUDO, meaning of the "gentle way" is a modern Japanese martial art and combat art that evolve from the Jujutsu. Judo is originated form Japan in the late nineteenth century.
In the way of judo style is throwing the opponent to the ground by using the force from the opponent, it take long time to understanding the concept through our body. Beside throwing, it also force an opponent to submit by joint locking the elbow or by executing a choke it also happen in Judo. "


( some video clip from youtube will help)

Although it not famous in malaysia, but in other country it way a well know sport. It also participated in one of the Olympic game.



Although Judo look kind of rough but still got girl joining/participated in this sport.


( thinking to use our judo club picture but...)

In Japan you will have a good view that alot people participated in JUDO...






Anyway I like Judo because Judo teach me that Our greatest glory consists not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall.

One important thing to remind for JUDOka: "Ouch in not used in Judo"!!!!

To me, Judo is like a ballet, except there's no music , no choreography, and the dancers knock each other down.
-----------------------------------------------

(ps: 2molo will be celebration of sensei day, cant wait for it)

No comments:

Post a Comment