July 29, 2009

Friends is Such a Lonely Word


'Friends' is such a lonely word
She said she wanted to be friends
I stare at our picture
Grinning like goons
Wrapped in a blanket of bliss

I keep this picture
To remind me of things
Her kiss as sweet as strawberries
The way she rolled her eyes when I exasperated her
The clacking of her castanets
As she leapt across the stage like a graceful gazelle

But now I only taste
Salty sadness
I hold it on the tip of my tongue
Trying to remember

And now I only hear
The sound of silence screaming at me

And now I only see
Ashes of incense falling like the petals of a black rose
To stain the carpet as black as my heart

To the solace of this picture
That I clutch in my palm
The only remnant I have left
Of our days of wine and roses
I think she got scared
Wine burns
And roses can smell too sweet

Now when we meet
There are only
Walls of Awkwardness
We build them
One brick at a time
To protect ourselves
From future disasters

I've lost my sense of stability
She was a place of peace
In a lonely world

I'm sad because I'm not with her
I'm mad because I don't know why

At least I have the picture.....


----------------------------------------------

(ps: No Mood to start my GP)

2 comments:

  1. 一个人相处可能会更好,
    因为朋友太多反而更寂寞...

    ReplyDelete